Thursday, May 22, 2008

A lil' update

Still no house yet. We removed our offer on the one house. Our realtor is convinced that the seller won't be approved for his short sale because you have to prove that you have absolutely no assets whatsoever, but he owns 3 other houses! Plus, someone else had put in an offer higher than ours. We don't think anyone will end up with the house since it most likely won't be approved.

Then, we found another house that we loved! It was farther away, but it was almost 1900 sqft. in a great neighborhood! It was on a cul-de-sac surrounded by larger houses all that were very nicely landscaped. It needed some work (floors, paints, kitchen counters), but would totally be worth it in the end! We were all set to make an offer on Monday when we found out from our realtor that someone had put one in on Friday and was approved.

So, that makes 3 houses that were swiped from us. Who says the market sucks?? Apparently some people out there have money they want to spend!


On the knitting front, I finished my toe-up Anastasia socks with Yarn Pirate's Ice Princess. I just got my last shipment of yarn pirate booty. I was feeling guilty spending the money when we're trying to get a house. So, I'm taking a break. But, this last shipment, Patina, is GORGEOUS!!! I've already cast-on a pair of Monkey socks with it! And I'm still slaving away on the Bee Fields shawl. That one is a slow work in progress.

So, that's the update! Hope everyone has a fabulous Memorial weekend!

No comments: