Friday, August 15, 2008

Loooong Day!


It has been quite a day! Today we had the school's Meet n' Greet. I was at work for 12+ hours and I'm pooped. I've gotta say, the parents I met seemed really, really nice! Now, it could just be that they were on their best behavior. We'll have to see how their attitudes change once we get into the school year.

So I come home to find my house a DISASTER! We decided since we had 30 days from closing on our house to actually move in that we would take our time. A little bit here, a little bit there. Well, now we have to be out in a week and both of us work regular jobs which leaves very little time to do the actual moving. Randy took a bunch of stuff over during the week and today he took over the dining table among other things. Unfortunately, our dining table has been the dumping grounds for things lately and without the table, those things are now dumped all over the place! What a cluttered mess!

It looks like we're going to be moving all the major pieces this weekend. The floor guys come tomorrow to lay down our laminate, then we'll be pretty much ready to go.

I was quite excited today when I opened the mail and found a $285 restitution check from the Jailbird! Whoo hoo! I do think this money will be used to adopt a doggy!! Randy told Ant I'd take him to the Humane Society tomorrow. And he did tell me that we could get another doggy when we moved. Sounds to me like this is just perfect timing. He knows better than to send me alone to any place where I could get a dog! I think that's just silently giving me permission to adopt :o)

Alright! I'm off to finish that glass of wine now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can we see pics of the new place?